Fantastic hands-on science education in the safety of your home, all via Zoom:
- 4 week Science clubs for small groups of children from all over the UK
- Online 1-2-1 science classes perfect for a family
- Private tuition for KS3/GCSE & A-level biology
“Many thanks for your amazing lessons! They are so good at inspiring young scientists and introducing scientific concepts in a fun way.”Joanne, London
Online Science Clubs
Our online science clubs, called Stay-in-Science, include the science kit delivered to your door, so we can make science really fun and interactive for your budding scientist! We have 3 different themes to choose from:
Fizz & Popp (a brilliant introduction to chemistry)
Inventors (an engineering themed club)
Horrid Science (yucky & gooey experiments)
February clubs have sold out, but bookings are open for March’s clubs which have various times to suit everyone and a new Saturday sessions. These clubs comprise of 4 x 1 hour live & interactive classes.
The cost is £39 for 4 x 1 hours sessions which includes the science kit delivered to your door (UK only).
Each session had three really fun and engaging activities, well taught and explained. None of the activities were “duds” or time fillers and my daughter was inspired to follow up each session with further investigation. The sessions were well priced and we are sad they have come to an end!Angela, Plymouth
Only £39 per family……..if you have siblings, they can either share a kit or you can have additional kits for £10 each. These are available to order on the booking page, when you go to book.
Here are the kits you receive:
We keep numbers small. Up to 14 children can join a session, so we can make sure everyone is involved. You are not required to keep your camera on, but it helps to make it a more interactive experience.
“I just wanted to say a massive thank you for this morning, the children so enjoyed it!“Liz, North Devon
“He really enjoyed it, he was absolutely buzzing afterwards and is looking forward to next week.“Lisanne, Mid Devon
Private Science Classes [online]
See how much fun science can be with affordable live science classes in the comfort and safety of your home on a day/time to suit you (subject to availability).
“I can not thank you enough for today. The kids absolutely loved it!“Rachael, Cornwall
Prices start at £20 per session. Some sessions include specialist kit posted to you which is included in the price shown (delivered to UK & Channel Islands only).
There are ingredients that you will need to get hold of for these classes and we’ll send you the list by email at least a week before the class. A printer is also required for sessions 4, 7 & 14.
Choose and order any of the sessions below.
Click the link to purchase and we’ll then be in touch within 24 hours to arrange suitable times/days for your private classes.
By the way – price is per family, NOT per child.
1) Rainbow Chemistry (suit ages 7-11) – Rainbow Skittles, pH testing & acid-alkali reaction & gasses – INCLUDES Lab Kit full of laboratory goodies that your budding scientist will need for this session and can use again and again for their own science experiments. 1 HOUR £37
2) Erupting Potions (suit ages 5-11) – lava lamps, rainbow fizz, fizzy lemons, elephant’s toothpaste. 1 HOUR £22
3) Kitchen Chemistry (suit ages 7-11) – fireworks on a jar, bouncy eggs, we’ve got fleas! & clever cabbage. 1 HOUR £22
4) Rocket & Catapults (suit ages 5-10) – rocket frogs, hoop gliders, pom-pom launcher. 1 HOUR £22
5 ) Balloon Buggies (suit ages 6-10) – designing, building and racing balloon buggies – KIT INCLUDED! 45mins £25
6) Art meet Science (suit ages 6-11) – motorised Doodle Bots, paper towel magic & water colours – KIT INCLUDED! 45 mins £25
7) Wacky Water (suit ages 6-11) – growing giant gummy bears, water tricks, blossoming flowers, draw on water. 45mins £20
8) Crafty Rafts (suit ages 5-10) – does it sink or float and why?! Raft designing and building. 45mins £20
9) Buzz-Bots (suit ages 5-11+) – designing & making crazy Vibro-Bots – KIT INCLUDED! 45mins £25
10) DNA (suit ages 8-12) – DNA structure, model making & DNA extraction. 1 HOUR £25
11) Cells (suit ages 8-12) – cells model making, photosynthesis & cellular respiration. 1 HOUR £25
12) Heart & Lungs (suit ages 8-12)- what does your heart do? How do you breath? Make pumping heart and lungs models to show how the diaphragm moves are in and out. 1 HOUR £25
13) Forensics (suit ages 5-10) – fingerprint analysis, chromatography & teeth imprints. 45mins £20
14) Toy Engineers (suit ages 5-10) – make 3 news toys (climbing critters, balancing robot & pecking bird and learn about forces and engineering along the way! 1 HOUR £22
15) Slime (suit ages 7-10) – make slime of all colours and types includes our Slime Kit – contains everything you need – posted to you 1 HOUR £30
16) Bath Bombs (suit ages 7-10) – introduction to the chemistry behind bath bombs, then make bath bombs live with us of all colours and types includes our Bath Bomb Kit posted to you 1 HOUR £30
What happens during a class?
Children will work through fun activities live with us, gain an understanding of the science behind the experiments with extension ideas so they can continue learning long after the science class has finished.
You are also invited to join our free online community on Facebook where you can get ideas, hints & tips, and share the cool science you’ve been up to.
In the “notes” box (when you click the link) please tell us the children names & ages, which 3 classes you’d like and the address to send to kit too. Then we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to arrange a dates/times to suit you.
British Science Association Crest Award – these session count towards the BSA’s Crest Award. If you’re not already registered you can do so here.
GCSE tuition for 14-16 year olds/GCSE
Ruth, who runs Sciencedipity, is a biology teacher as well as a registered Biomedical Scientist. She currently teaches biology on a Plymouth University Bioscience degree, and offers private tuition at her home, as she does a lot of practical work with her students (once the pandemic is over!), and online. Ruth has taught iGCSE , Edexcel, and is particularly familiar with the AQA syllabus.
If you feel you need a boost in any of the sciences at KS3 level, perhaps a few hours or a weekly session, please get in touch. Price is £22 per hour.
If you have any gaps in your GCSE biology, perhaps a few hours are needed or you’d like a weekly session, please get in touch. Price is £25 per hour.
Please call/text 07847 006048 or contact us, to arrange a session.
Ruth, who heads up Sciencedipity, is a biology teacher as well as a registered Biomedical Scientist. She currently teaches biology on a Plymouth University Bioscience degree, and offers private tuition at her home, as she does a lot of practical work with her students (once the pandemic is over!), as well as online tuition. Ruth has taught the Edexcel & AQA syllabuses. If you have any gaps in your A-level biology, perhaps a few hours are needed or you’d like more regular support, please get in touch. Price is £28 per hour.
Please call/text 07847 006048 or contact us, to arrange a session.