Bringing Science to Devon!
Sciencedipity are pleased to offer school science workshops in and around Devon and south west England. We travel to schools around the county and further afield to provide our unique brand of science workshops.
Providing you with one of our own designed workshops or working with you to create your vision, we can offer your pupils a wonderful, immersive educational experience. We can facilitate workshops around all the sciences – Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Engineering, including specialist topics such as Forensic Science and Microbiology. We also bring science to life from literature such as Roald Dahl and Harry Potter.
Our School Workshops:
Our sessions are delivered personally by Ruth MacLaren BSc QTLS FHEA, a qualified and experienced Biomedical Scientist and Teacher. She is passionate about bringing on the next generation of scientists and loves inspiring her students.
We deliver bespoke workshops around any topic, but we also have a list of activities that you can choose from on the link below:
- Our workshops usually accommodate approximately 30 children, but we can tailor a session for much larger groups.
- Sciencedipity will provide all the materials required for each activity.
- A Risk Assessment is carried out for each activity and is available for parents and teachers to view at any time.
- All materials are non-hazardous and commonly used around the home or classroom.
- Safety glasses and lab coats are provided where necessary.
What we need from you:
If you’re looking at booking a workshop at your school, all we need is:
- Tables for our equipment & the experiments
- Water and hand-washing facilities
- A power supply
If you’d like your child to get involved with our super-exciting science-themed workshop, click the button below and use our simple contact form to let us know.
If you have any questions at all about how it all works, you’re welcome to phone instead on 07847 006 048. If no one is available to take your call, fear not – we’re probably all busy with a roomful of young scientists! Leave a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.Get in Touch